Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Created By Hand Challenge - Red & Green

I got so caught up in my Tim tag that I almost forgot about the Created By Hand Challenge! This week the theme is Red & Green. I kinda wanted to cheat and use the tag I made yesterday, but I decided I would give myself a quick hour to get something made.

I chose a Christmas collage image from Lisa's Altered Art as my focal point. Isn't she a cutie? I thought about doing a 4 x 4, then came across a rectangular wood plank that I thought would be fun to use. Inspired by Audrey Hernandez's article in the latest Somerset Studio, I created a long skinny plaque. I need to add some eye screws and ribbon to the top for a hanger and then it will be done!

9 comments:

  1. Shelley, this is so pretty. Your Lisa's altered image is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic tag. Love the little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whow what a fantastic tag.
    Love the image. Great !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shelley,
    I Love your blog and all the great Art on it. I have a piece of your Art hanging up right now with my
    X-mas deco. I was your partner for December for COTM on Tennessee Stampers. Its a little Angel on 4 x4 with a ribbon hanger. I Love it.
    I found your blog by way of Suzanne's blog which I found by way of Oxford Impressions. I am glad to know you have a blog too and I will be back to visit as I Love Your Art!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!