Thursday, June 18, 2009

Artistic Procrastination


Ok, is it just me, or does everyone do this? I have so much stuff I should be doing - making 19 charms for a swap, finishing my DT projects, etc. But instead I decide I need to spend the whole day making this.

My stamp club has started having challenges every other month. A couple months ago we were given a large plastic medicine bottle and a large brass tag. I ended up setting mine aside and never did come back to it. I missed the meeting where we were supposed to bring them and didn't think about it again.

We were reminded a couple days ago to bring them on Saturday so I guess it was in the back of my mind. Well, what better time to do it than now???

I absolutely love how it came out. The photos just don't do it justice! The best part is that I had such a blast working on it. Everything in it is recycled or found - lots of junk drawer stuff in there. After lots of tinkering with alcohol ink and spray paint, the ugly orange of the bottle ended up looking just like tortoiseshell. I covered the white cap with scraps of metal from RockCandy Studios that I embossed and colored w/various inks.

So, are you an Artistic Procrastinator?

9 comments:

  1. I Love it, Shelly! You are so creative, my jaw just drops when I look at your blog :)
    - Debbie Kaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, are you an Artistic Procrastinator.......OH YES!!! Glad to hear someone else does that, anything except what you know you should be doing!! But what a piece came out of it...it's fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, now arent you glad you waited?
    Sometimes my best work comes when I running behind! Love Love Love your piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly, this is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Would just love to see it IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly this is amazing - can't believe it's a medicine bottle... I was wondering what the top was thanks for giving the info!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a masterpiece and well worth the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow...this is stunnin! and yes I am an artistic procarstinator but I seem to work better under pressue also :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Shelly, stunning, stunning, stunning!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!