Monday, June 8, 2009

Created Byhand Challenge - Father's Day

This week's Created Byhand challenge is Father's Day. I made this card a month or so ago using the Drywall Stitching technique from the April/May issue of the Technique Junkie newsletter. I used one of my favorite stamp sets from Oxford Impressions - Family Man. It's so hard to find good masculine stamps! I can't tell you how many times I've reached for this set. It is truly a must-have.

This is another card I did last year using this set. Again, another TJ technique - this time it's the Kaleidoscope Card tech from the April/May '08 issue. I sent this to my dad last year and he really loved it! It is really so much better in real life. It's so hard to show the 3-d quality of the inside - each frame is a separate layer. VERY fun card to make!

Front of card


Inside of Card

16 comments:

  1. Your artwork for Father's Day is so wonderful, Shelly...Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice. Like all the layers

    ReplyDelete
  3. your cards are gorgeous! I think I may be needing another OI stamp sheet! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are great cards for the men in our lives..you do great work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, Shelly. The inside on the second one is a fabulous idea. I love this set -- it's my favorite "guy" set of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful artwork, as usual. You make me wish I needed to make a father's day card.

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your set of cards is stunning. I love the idea of making a feature of the INSIDE of a card which doesn't happen very often, if ever. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards,and that technique newsletter sounds neat too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cards Shelly! Very cool and I bet Dad likes this year's too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shelly, very impressive work!!! I love both cards. Last year's card with the 3D inside is spectacular.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Spectacular cards! So great for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both of them. The colours you've used and everything. Perfect. Just perfect. katxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!