Thursday, August 13, 2009

Theme Thursday - Orange

I wasn't planning on making anything for this week's Theme Thursday challenge, but I had cleaned up a little bit in my studio and thought I deserved a little art time! I started making a tag using the wrinkle free distress technique. Then, I was looking through my scrap tin and came across a background I'd made a few months ago using a technique called Pigment Scrunch from the Feb/March issue of the Technique Junkie newsletter. Ooooh, it was so cool I abandoned my tag and decided to work with the piece I'd found.

It had a grungy look to begin with, so I did some spray painting using a stencil and a piece of Grungeboard waste. All stamps are from I Brake for Stamps.

Doesn't it look kind of like that Basic Grey paper from a few years ago?

22 comments:

  1. Wonderful skinny, Shelly! Your background is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of that background, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic grunge! I like everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fabulous! Great technique. Love this piece. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Your background is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the background and the copper "chains". Gorgeous piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful skinny, Shelly ! Love the wonderful background and the hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this background! So glad you decided to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the piece and hey maybe you should go design paper for a living..i really love alot of the backgrounds you do..thanks so much for yesterday..i needed it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great background, Shelly - it does look like Basic Grey! I love that worn, weathered look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it, Shelly! Guess I should go back to see that technique again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh love orange,love your shading in colour work and adore that hanging picture. brilliant
    hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is lovely! love the orange and vintage feel of the whole piece. awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your art! You are very talented. I am so excited to have found you!..........deanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know the exact BG paper you are speaking of. Truly, you recreated it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!