Ok, I'm back from Indiana (what a nice place!) and back on track with my tags. As usual, I didn't have most of the right stuff to make the tags, but since improvising is so much fun, I didn't mind at all!
I have to say, I even went to the store this time but they didn't have the right fragments! I think it is really hard to duplicate the look of them - they give so much depth and are so clear. I decided to try and work with the shapes I did have and I think it came out pretty good! I thought these photos would be perfect on my tag. They are actually gift tags that I found at a store recently. They were so adorable....I knew I would find a use for them.
I did the rest of the tag pretty much exactly like Tim's. I decided on the blue and green color scheme when I chose to use the tags. It reminds me of the time my dad did our tree all in blue and green ornaments - it was so pretty! The branch stamp is from Artistic Outpost. After I embossed it with the Distress ep, I rubbed a little silver metallic paint over it. It kind of gave it a nice highlighted effect. The music stamp is from Oxford Impressions.
The German scrap trim is from my friends at RockCandy Studios. They have a fantastic selection of trims. They also carry the metallic rub ons, which I used on my branch, and also to highlight the raised portion of the trim.
I thought tag #6 was going to be impossible, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I had the perfect stamps! I knew right away that I would use this truck stamp from Artistic Outpost. I think I've actually seen someone use it this way before. Isn't it the most perfect stamp? I used a PSX tree stamp for the tree and various acrylic stamps for the rest.
I made my own snow by rubbing two pieces of styrofoam together to shred it. I got the idea from this video on making your own flower soft. She's a genius! I added a sprinkle of Martha Stewart glitter to make it sparkle. It sparkled a lot more before I got impatient and started putting it together before it dried.
Here is a little freebie for you. The wooden number piece on my tag is an old French game piece that I found at an estate sale. It was one of those fantastic finds - an old French tin that everyone had overlooked. I picked it up thinking that the tin was cool in itself. I opened it and it was FILLED with dozens of the pieces. What a find! They are really thick and would be hard to use on something like a tag. However, you can print it out, glue it to a scrap of Grungeboard and voila - vintage game piece!