Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tim's Tag Day 8

Today's tag required a LOT of reworking before I was happy with it. I didn't have the lantern stamp that Tim used, so like last year, I substituted the Eiffel Tower. This time I used a stamp from Prima. I love this stamp because it is giant! It fit perfectly on the tag.

I felt like there was something missing in the example - it didn't feel cohesive to me. I thought maybe adding some texture to the tag would help, so I brushed on Antique Linen crackle paint and inked it all with Antique Linen ink when it was dry.

Oh, and I don't know about anyone else, but when I tried to heat my vellum it bubbled up! I tried a couple different sheets and it was the same on both. I ended up using a sheet of sandwich paper (like they use in delis). It was a bit lighter texture-wise, but it ended up working just fine. I felt like it looked too plain so I tied it with a bit of string that I saved from a bag of cat food - it was so cool, I knew it would come in handy some day. :-)

All in all I was happy with how this one turned out!

*FYI, the music background stamp is from Oxford Impressions, but is currently not available.

7 comments:

  1. It looks great. I love the music paper - and that was a great idea to use sandwich paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you improvise...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beauty! I'm sitting here at 8 p.m., unable to get started on #8......way too much improvisation needed on this one! Love your French theme...just like I loved the one last year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your French take on this! I have the same problem with vellum, it's not just you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the French theme, goes together very nicely! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way your music sheet came out

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!