Friday, February 12, 2010

Shadowbox Card

I just posted this Shadowbox card over on the Design Junkies blog. I thought some of my readers who weren't Technique Junkies might enjoy it too! This 3-d card was the online bonus technique from the Oct/Nov '09 newsletter.

At first I was a little intimidated by the construction aspect of this card. However, once I sat down and started making one, I realized just how easy it was. This is such a versatile card - there are so many different ways you can interpret it. What's great is that it folds flat for mailing....how nice would it be to receive a special card like this?!

For this card I used stamps from the Marie Antoinette and Le Beau Monde stamp sets from Oxford Impressions. Such pretty, romantic stamps!

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is absolutely amazing.
    Wonderful work and stamping. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrrrr. This is so beautiful, I am trying to get my hands on those cards, next week, fingers crossed.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exceptionally beautiful and elegant! You created a fabulous scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you created this, Shelly. It looks fabulous! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. brilliant...great inspiration for me..for the M.A. Plate!


    xxx Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!!! So beautifully colored and shimmery and romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelly,
    love this card and technique. Thanks for sharing it. I will check out that technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!