Friday, May 7, 2010

Technique Junkies - Embossed Crayon Resist

Here's another card using the wonderful stamps from Oxford Impressions' Steampunk collection. The background was created using the Embossed Crayon Resist technique from the Oct/Nov '09 issue of the Technique Junkie newsletter. I really wanted a Victorian embossed leather/wallpaper kind of look and I think this worked perfectly!

The stamped metal is actually a soda can that I inked with black and brown Stazon and then sanded. The trim and the top and the nameplate at the bottom were both embossed with gold ep. After they cooled, I rubbed them with gold rub-on paint. It knocks down the shine and gives it a nice vintage look.

5 comments:

  1. Completely awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning piece! You have done a wonderful job with color and texture. I just love the metal inclusions!
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing does not begin to cover it. Lynne M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely works!
    Blessings, peace, and love,
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the steampunky look! I'm just getting in to stamps and this is pretty inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!