Portlandia fans out there? I decided that my egg was too boring, so I put a bird on it! I was messing around with the idea of doing a Steampunk Easter egg a couple weeks ago. I made one, but then couldn't figure out what to do with it. Today, I was experimenting with the technique I used in my previous post - trying (and failing) - to create a Steampunk look, and had an aha! moment. I chucked the ugly egg, and put this together.
Grungeboard, and then cutting it using Tim Holtz's Caged Bird die. After it was cut, I ran it through the Cuttlebug gears embossing folder. To hold the bird, a length of wire was threaded through two Idea-ology Sprocket Gears and inserted into the egg. The bird is affixed to the wire with a dab of hot glue.
When in doubt - put a bird on it!