Friday, December 8, 2017

Teacup Christmas Ornament

Hi everyone! Hope your week is going well! I'm finally getting into the Christmas spirit and have a fun little project to share with you.

Each year, my group of friends has an ornament swap. It's always so much fun to see what everyone comes up with - and it's always fun to dream up something new. This year I decided to create a little wintry diorama using Brenda Walton's Teacup die from Sizzix.

I used paper from Tim Holtz, and adhered it to a light blue cardstock - the pattern on the other side of the paper was too bold for the inside of the cup, plus the extra paper made it quite sturdy. After I assembled the cup, I stamped a winter cabin image on a circle of the same blue cardstock and used hot glue to adhere it to the bottom of the cup. This adds a nice backdrop so your little scene really pops. The seam is hidden with lots of snowy glitter.

After that, it was just a matter of adding lots of hot glue and little bits and pieces of Tim's Christmas embellishments. To finish the cup, I added tinsel twine and a bow at the top. I was really surprised at how quickly these came together. Once you get the hang of one, the rest are a snap!


Sizzix is having another huge sale. Sadly, the Teacup isn't included, but you do get free shipping with orders of $25 or more and there are lots of other dies by Brenda, Tim, and Eileen (all my faves!) that are hugely discounted.

The other items I used can be found at Simon Says Stamp and Amazon via the links below.


Thanks so much for stopping by today - have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. So adorable and clever, Shelly.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever idea Shelly, beautifully executed in Shelly style. Love. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea. Beautiful ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so adoreable Shelly! I hope you take a picture after everything is decorated for your blog buddies! Btw, I found an incredible shop that sells all kinds of vintage items for Christmas that I thought you might love. I found it while looking for white feather trees: https://www.hometraditions.com/vintage_christmas_s/1916.htm and two amazing pinterest boards with vintage christmas ideas: Here: https://www.pinterest.com/sandiholmes/christmas-village/ and here: https://www.pinterest.com/violettablooms/christmas/ Can't wait to see what you make up next! I would have never thought of using a tea cup as an ornament, so clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whooo awsome and such a lovely idea, very clever. Do have a great sunday greetings from Denmark

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a brilliant idea and it turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet....I actually have this ole die....I believe I'll try some...I used to use actual vintage china and hung on our tree w/ribbon...this is much safer. :) TFS! :) Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog is awesome and very informative keep Sharing this type of blog.

    แตกใน xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!