Tuesday, January 27, 2015

12 Tags of 2015 - Pop it Ups Style

When I first saw Tim Holtz's tag for January, I knew it would be perfect as a birthday card for my husband. His birthday is on the 30th and, since we're heading out on a road trip tomorrow, I hurried up and got it done today.

Karen Burniston's Tag Pivot die set was released at CHA and it is SO cool! I jumped at the chance to use it for this card. I followed Tim's directions pretty closely, focusing most of the technique on the first tag. To make the tags stand out more, I cut the tag portion of the card die out of black Kraft Core'dinations and added it over the top of the base card. I used Tim's new Correspondence and Documented stamp sets to create my background. These won't be out until next month, but you can preorder them at Simon Say Stamp right now!

As I started choosing stamps and words, I noticed that a travel theme emerged. I think that's perfect for a masculine birthday.

My video is a little washed out, but you can see the way the pivot works, which is so awesome. I am going to wear this die out, I'm sure!

Everything I used can be found at Elizabeth Craft Designs and Simon Says Stamp via the links below.




I hope you're having a great week. I'm taking a few days off but I have a couple fun projects that I can't wait to share with you very soon!

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Shelly, this die is fantastic and I love the movement , great design too. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what an awesome card Shelly!! and a great way to incorporate Tim's techniques too!! :D TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an incredibible and wonderful interpretation of Tim's tag! i love it! This die is amazing! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly, what a great take on Tim's first tag of the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love your interpretation of Tim's tag !!
    Best regards Berdien

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing b-day card for your hubbie, Shelly and a wonderful interpretation on Tim's January tag!! Happy B-Day to your hubbie (my b-day is on the 31st)--it's the Age of Aquarius! :) XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful take on Tim's January tag and happy birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. speechless!! Love it! Karen.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!