Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Frilly & Funkie - Raise it Up!

Happy Wednesday, everyone! I hope your week has been going well. Today I'm sharing my project for the latest Frilly and Funkie challenge. Pamellia is the hostess this time and she's challenging us to Raise it Up! Says Pamellia, 'I want to see lots of layers, lots of panels and/or lots of elements on your shabby chic or vintage project, BUT they must be raised up! Whether you choose to use pop dots, foam squares, silicone glue or another means of support, make sure they stand tall!'

I hope I did Pamellia proud! I decided to create a little garden journal using Eileen Hull's new Passport Book die and lots of grungy vintage goodness from Tim Holtz. If you follow my Facebook or Instagram pages, you know that my husband and I been working on building new flower beds and laying a cobblestone walkway. It's exhausting work, but so worth it! I thought a little book to hold all my photos would be a perfect project for this challenge.

The covers of the book are made from chipboard and covered with papers from Tim. I added die cuts and lots of fussy cut pieces on mounted on foam dots to give it depth and interest. Torn pieces of Tim's new Design Tape peek out here and there, and idea-ology embellishments give it the perfect vintage look.

The inside pages were cut from plain white cardstock. I used various stencils from Tim Holtz, plus Distress Stain Spray to decorate them. I tucked in a few different things here and there, like tags, vintage papers, and ephemera to give myself lots of places to add photos and jot down notes. I plan to print out the pictures I've been taking in my garden and add them to the book.

I hope you've enjoyed my garden journal and are inspired to join in with us at the Frilly and Funkie challenge this week. You can find all the details in this post.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!




14 comments:

  1. What a fab little passport book. You certainly did Pamellia proud xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab little passport book. You certainly did Pamellia proud xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW!!! That's a fabulous passport cover and I love how you've created pages that will work perfectly for storing those precious garden improvement details. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! The cover makes me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No words have been invented yet to describe how fabulous I think this is!!! That scrumptious metal looking honeycomb design you have tucked in there has me salivating and this just overall knocked me off my feet! I think you definitely did Pamellia proud!!!
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! So many fun things on that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is Amazing Shelly. I love this gorgeous journal. The layers, from fibers to ephemera, are wonderful. Love the inside too -- just gorgeous. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a spectacular garden journal Shelly! I am so in love with the wonderful garden elements, birds are flowers are my absolute favourite and you have added so many wonderful layers, creative amazing dimension and interest! Wow, I would love to get a first hand view of every single page, because it looks like your entire journal is just filled with wondrous things! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Shelly,that is jst a beautiful vintage looking booklet.
    Great idea for that die.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shelly,
    I am speechless! Your album is total perfection!! I love every single element, but the birds on the cover are my absolute fave. There are not enough words to describe the beauty!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, at first glance I thought you had altered a book cover but then I see you have created all the fabulous inside pages too. Love the nature theme and all the beautifully cut flowers and birds. The stenciling on the inside pages is fabulous and the use of earth tones ties everything together.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah-Maze-Ing!! :) this is just beyond jaw on the ground and drooling everywhere (I'm painting such a pretty picture, right?) lol, honesty this is some serious gorgeousness! All that effort and work that would have gone into this, but so worth every second it's just beyond measure. Hugs, Georgie F&F DT buddy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shelly, that is so fabulous, amazing layers on the cover and wonderfully bound pages inside, just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful journal to document memories. Love the nature theme and the different elements you have chosen to embellish the front cover. The pages inside look fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!