Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Eileen Hull Paper Flower Party!

Hi all! Today I'm sharing a project I created to celebrate the release of Eileen Hull's Paper Party Flower collection with Sizzix. I actually had a real life paper flower party with my friends! We got together, enjoyed a nice lunch and then sat down and started die cutting flowers using the new dies and crepe paper. It was so much fun! The great thing is that everyone's flowers were a bit different - there are endless ways to mix and match. Here's how mine came together!

I started by cutting my flower pocket from chipboard, then assembled it and painted it with DecoArt's Chalky Finish paint. The first flower I created was cut from a stack of crepe paper using Eileen's new Romance Flower die.

As you can see, it's easy to go crazy once you start making these! I mixed and matched various crepe papers and dies to create my flowers. There really is no right or wrong way and it's so much fun when you do it with a group of friends!

A block of foam was glued inside to hold the flowers.

I've been dying to try the new Twist and Style tool and decided to see what would happen if I tried twisting wire and jute twine together. As you can see, it worked great! I used this piece to add a handle to my basket.

To finish my little flower pocket off, I cut the word bloom from chipboard using Eileen's Bloom and Plant Markers die, then glued it to the box. After it dried, I painted it to match and sanded the whole piece lightly once it was dry.

I'm so in love with how these flowers turned out! I can't wait to play around with more materials and finishes. Make sure you check out Eileen's blog to see loads more ideas using these amazing dies

The supplies I used can be found at Scrapbook.com and Amazon via the links below.





4 comments:

  1. Your tissue paper blooms are so bright, full and beautiful! what a delightful wall or door hanging - this will certainly brighten any room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way these flowers turned out! Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way these flowers turned out! Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a pretty project!! love how the flowers turned out with the crepe! and the twine and wire handle is awesome!! i am definitely going to have a go at that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!