Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Wire Cloche Halloween Art Doll


Hi all! Today I'm sharing a project I created for this month's Eileen Hull Inspiration Team challenge - Holiday Jumpstart. After I made my little wire cloche Halloween fairy last month, I noticed that the cloche I made with Eileen's new Twist and Style tool looked a lot like a skirt. After seeing that, I knew I had to make a Halloween witch with a little scene under her skirt!

I love how this turned out! The skirt was made with vintage crepe paper and sparkly tulle from the dollar store. Under the cage I created a spooky little scene using lots of Tim Holtz idea-ology goodies.

Here's a quick look at how I created the cage.

I began by cutting four pieces of black wire 28" long, then folded each one in half and used the Twist and Style tool to twist it. After twisting, I trimmed each piece down to 12", then gathered them and wired them in the center.

I basically followed the same method as I did with the Halloween Fairy, but added two extra wires around the spokes for support and to give it more of a birdcage look.

After my cage was finished, I created the skirt from crepe paper and tulle and wired it to the top of the cage. The witch is a paper doll download that's available on Etsy from RhondasOriginals. She has the most wonderful artwork and includes lots of extra images. I used a tiny bit of tulle to make her a little veil and the bat wings are another dollar store find. So perfect!

The base of the doll is an unfinished wood plaque from the craft store that I painted black. All the bits were glued down with Beacon Quick Grip glue. It's a little hard to see in the photos, but I heated Tim Holtz's new pumpkin pieces with my heat gun for just a sec and cool little bumps formed all over them. Makes them so spooky looking!

The supplies I used can be found at Sizzix and Simon Says Stamp via the links below.






Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you're inspired to pick up a Twist and Style tool and have some fun! You can see more amazing creations on Eileen's blog.

13 comments:

  1. She is FABULOUS!!! And she can be quite inspirationaly versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.....she's great Shelly! I love Santos dolls and this reminds me of some of those vintage beauties! Love it, TFS! :) Happy Wednesday to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly, your Halloween Art Doll is a stunning work of art, you really are such an inspiration! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful creation. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous idea !
    thank you for sharing with us , I like your style !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love this "doll". The details are amazing. Thank you for sharing this great Halloween project with us.
    Victoria, BC
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im in love!! May i ask what sort of paper your pronted the witch out on to make her sturdy? Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!