Friday, December 9, 2016

Simple Felt Leaf Wreath

Hi all! I have a quick and easy holiday project to share with you today. I am a huge fan of Sweet Paul Magazine - if you've never seen it, you're really missing out! - and when I saw this tutorial for an adorable felt woodland wreath, I immediately ordered the materials to make one of my own. I mean, how cute are those tiny mushrooms?!

I had a feeling that one of the leaves on Eileen Hull's Spring Leaves die would be the perfect size for this and I was right! I love the extra detail the serrated edges give. And the die makes cutting the leaves from thick felt a breeze.

Since I didn't have a wreath form on hand, I figured I could just whip one up with my Twist and Style tool! I cut a piece of 19 gauge wire about 60" long and folded it in half. I used the tool to twist it, making a stronger structure to adhere my leaves to. I cut out about 40 leaves from heavy weight felt (bought at Hobby Lobby) and hot glued them to the wire ring.

When all the leaves were in place, I tucked the mushrooms into the leaves in singles and groups of two. Aren't they just the sweetest? Thanks so much to Sweet Paul for sharing this tutorial. Make sure you pop over to their site and check out all the great recipes, crafts, and decorating ideas. And I can't recommend their magazine enough! It is seriously the most beautiful, inspiring magazine I've ever come across (not affiliated, just a happy customer!).

You can find the supplies I used at Sizzix, Scrapbook.com, Simon Says Stamp, and Amazon via the links below.



Thanks so much for stopping by today!

4 comments:

  1. Simple and elegant, makes for a stunning design. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project. This will be a treasure for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. That Sizzix die has been on my Amazon wish list for a while and after seeing your wreath it is on the way to my home. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!