Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Paper Pros Challenge - Halloween



Hi all! This month, the Paper Pros challenge theme is Halloween - woo hoo! I don't need much encouragement to get out my inks and stamps when it's a Halloween challenge. :) I haven't had the chance to use Karen Burniston's new Charm Accordion die set, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to break it in.

I started by created backgrounds using various colors of distress ink, plus wilted violet distress oxide. I love the way the inks work together! After drying the backgrounds, I die cut them using the Charm Accordion die. I was inspired by Karen's road trip card to alter my accordion to make the panels offset. To do this, you just cut the joined panel in half and flip one upside down. I added a hinge made from black cardstock to rejoin them (not shown in this pic).

The small panel is just perfect for Tim Holtz's mini blueprint Halloween stamps. I stamped them first on the panel, then again on white cardstock. I cut them out, then colored them and adhered them to the panels with foam dots.

I had the idea to use the spiderwebs from Karen's Halloween Scene set to join the panels. To make sure they were extra secure, I made little tabs from vellum to attach them to the panels.

Finally, I added stamps and rub ons from Tim Holtz, plus little mirrored stars - perfect for this week's 'It's Written in the Stars' theme over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog.

Here is the front of the card. I sponged a piece of white cardstock with wilted violet distress oxide, then die cut the boo using the die from Karen's Halloween Elements set. A bit more stamping, and I was done.

The supplies I used can be found at Simon Says Stamp via the links below.




Thanks so much for stopping by! Check out Karen's blog to see what she came up with for this challenge, plus find links to the other Paper Pros' projects.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful background and super panels with all the 3d effect of the stamps!
    Another great creation by you, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my fav by far this year from all your Halloween cards! So glad you are on Karen's design team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fantastic creation! The background colors and the stamped images are awesome! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one, similar to the last, takes customary Halloween topics and consolidates magnificently threadbare colloquialisms. Here are some different subjects you can fuse
    halloween props

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly, I finally ordered these Halloween stamps after seeing your great interactive card. I just realized that I don't have the Karen Burniston charm accordion die - drat! back to ordering. My retirement counselor will be dismayed this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think this is my Shelly favorite of 2017!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!