Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - Birthday Banners

Hi everyone! Happy belated New Year! I hope your 2018 is off to a great start. Today I'm sharing a fun party invitation for Karen Burniston's January challenge. This month the theme is Birthday Banners. I'm having a birthday party for one of my close friends and thought it was the perfect excuse to create an invitation for the party.

If you're fans of the show The Great British Bake Off (or Baking Show as it's called in the US), you'll probably understand the theme from the banners on the front of the invitation. I used bits and pieces of the words from Karen's Birthday words die set to spell out bake. The banners are from her Twist Panel set.

This is the back of the invitation. The information was computer generated, leaving just enough room to insert the die cut birthday sentiment. I used the label die from the Katherine Label Pop Up die set to cut it out.

The cupcake was created using Karen's Cupcake Pop Up die set. I love that the wrapper folds to give it a dimensional look. The paper is an older collection called In Bloom from My Mind's Eye.


The supplies I used can be purchased via the links below.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure and check out Karen's blog tomorrow for a great tutorial from Karen and lots of inspiration from the whole team!

3 comments:

  1. I love the baking show and your card is just perfect! Glad to see you have tried your talents on some of the recipes. You have me beat. Now I have to check out Karen's cupcake die :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like you post good blog,Thanks for your sharing.

    หนังดราม่า

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!