Wednesday, January 17, 2018

New Dies From Karen Burniston!

Hi all! I have some exciting news to share - Karen Burniston is releasing a brand new die collection and it's amazing! She seems to outdo herself with each new release and this one is no exception.

The first card I am sharing uses Karen's new Spinner Square Pop Up. I am really excited about this one! I have wanted to make a card like this for ages. I wanted the front to have the look of a travel journal, so I used Tim Holtz's ink refresher technique to give my cardstock the look of leather. I added various embellishments, tying it all together with a frame cut using the square dies from the set.

Here's the exciting part - when you open the card, the mechanism causes the plane to "fly" out from behind the globe. Cool, right?!? I absolutely love this idea and can't wait to experiment more with it. Any ideas for what could pop out from behind something? I love how much Karen's dies get my creative juices flowing!

You can see the whole collection on Karen's blog, along with videos snippets showing how each die works. I'll be sharing more of my cards in the coming weeks!

All of the new release dies are available for pre-order now. You can find them, along with the other dies and supplies I used via the links below.



Thanks so much for stopping by today!


5 comments:

  1. Shelly, this one is incredible as all of yours are. It's just a great concept from the die itself to the plane flying out from behind the globe. There are so many possibilities here. Thank you for your inspiration - AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great.. how about a rocket ship coming around the earth? And maybe a space craft with aliens too.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!