Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Inspiration Team Surprise Baby Shower!

Surprise! Today, the Eileen Hull Inspiration Team is hosting a special surprise baby shower for our teammate, Anna-Karin Evaldsson. Anna-Karin recently gave birth to the most adorable little boy, Leo. Even though we can't be there to celebrate, we wanted to do something special for her, to let her know how much we care.

I decided to use Eileen's elephant die to make a tiny little pull toy. Since these dies are Thinlits, the thickest material they can cut is very thin chipboard. By stacking the die cuts, though, you can make the pieces quite thick and sturdy. I also used one of the die cuts from Eileen's new Make it 3D die to make this into a cute little container. Here's how I made it:

I started by cutting six elephant dies from thin chipboard (I used a cereal box). I glued them together in two sets of three. I also cut two of the detail layer die.

Using the same dies, I cut coordinating paper to cover the inside and outside of the chipboard elephants. I covered another piece of chipboard with polka dot paper and cut the 3D piece.

To assemble the pull toy/container, I painted the edges of the stacked chipboard white and then covered the front and back with paper. I cut the 3D piece to length and adhered it to each of the elephant panels, creating a box. I finished the box off with vintage buttons tied with baker's twine.

We invite you to visit each of the team member's blogs to see what they created for baby Leo.


If you'd like to leave a message of congratulations for Anna-Karin, be sure and stop by Eileen Hull's blog and leave your well wishes in the comments!

The supplies I used can be found at Amazon and Simon Says Stamp via the links below.


22 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is soooo cute Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable! It worked- hooray! I love the little elephant full of kisses :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredibly sweet of all of you! What a great group of women💜

    ReplyDelete
  4. is the cutest project you have done,Shelly! I do need inspiration,my DD is having twin boys in June.
    I am hopping! Thanks for the sharing how you made this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this is just gorgeous, what a lovely gift. The button wheels are fab x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable Shelly and a wonderful gift for baby Leo! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable Shelly and a wonderful gift for baby Leo! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply adorable, love your elephant and the papers you used, A pull toy, fabulous idea and full of kisses too. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your elephant is so cute Shelly!! I am all overwhelmed by the wonderful surprise baby shower I woke up to this morning. So wonderfully sweet of you all. I love your idea of making a pull toy with that die, and those cute button wheels. Thank you so very much! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that die!! another adorable project and fantastic idea to fill add kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! And what a nice idea, a virtual baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just adorable Shelly! I love the idea and the papers are such a great fit! Button wheels...genius! What a wonderful on line shower gift! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute is your elephant pull toy Shelly and filled with kisses too. It is just beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So totally cute, love the layers of elephants to achieve the depth...and what a wonderful idea to fill with kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shelly, this is absolutely adorable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a clever little pull toy elephant you created!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your little elephant pull toy is delightful! Anna-Karin and Leo will love it!

    Noreen
    Crafty Journal

    ReplyDelete
  18. This little pull toy is absolutely adorable! I love that die! Great job Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cutest thing ever! I love this little guy and his button wheels. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an adorable little elephant pull toy, fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is darling. Love those little button wheels. Great idea to stack the thinlet cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG that's adorable Shelly !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!