Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Steampunk Birthday

Hi all! Today I'm sharing a tutorial for this cool steampunk birthday card over on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog.


I used Karen Burniston's Oval Pull Card die as a base, then added a steampunk hot air balloon that slides as you open the card, revealing a message stamped on a cork tag.

I know a lot of you struggle with masculine cards, so hopefully this will inspire you in your own creations! You can find the supplies I used at Elizabeth Craft Designs and Simon Says Stamp via the links below.




Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a great week!

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Be Square

10 comments:

  1. stunning card,
    I love the design und the great background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you create the background or is it a designer paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyn, I used the wrinkle free distress technique. Here's a good tutorial on it: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/wrinklefreedistress/
      You can also google those words and get lots of videos, etc.

      Delete
  3. Just love it....great masculine card and once again you inspire us to create this...or at least something close! ;) TFS! Happy Thursday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous card - I would of been honored if I had received a card like this for my birthday this month and I am female. So I think this would work well for anyone that is into steampunk. thank you for the great example. gabriele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gabriele, I agree! I love steampunk anything. :)

      Delete
  5. So awesome colors; love the balloons, the gears... you always have such amazing backgrounds too !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This might be my favourite one! LOVE LOVE LOVE everything on this card!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
    Hugs Zoey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!