Thursday, January 26, 2017

Butterfly Shaker Card


Hi all! This week the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is 'Spread Your Wings'. I just made this pretty shaker card for my friend, Michelle's, birthday, and I thought it would be perfect to share for this challenge.

I started by embossing some Prima paper with Eileen Hull's Honeycomb embossing folder, then sanding lightly to remove the top layer. The butterfly shakers were made by die cutting mat board with Tim Holtz's Mini Butterflies, then trimming around them. I layered two cuts to get the depth I wanted. Next, I cut the openings in the card front with the same dies, then covered them with clear acetate. I stamped text on a folded white card, then adhered the shaker cutouts. I filled them with glitter and adhered the card front over them.

I have to say, I haven't done many shaker cards, but I am a bit addicted to them after making this one! I am excited to try more shapes and cut outs. I love the little extra fun they bring to a card.

You can find the supplies I used at Sizzix, Simon Says Stamp, and Amazon via the links below.




Thanks so much for stopping by today!

5 comments:

  1. Great project. Your friend will appreciate what a great card it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Shelly! I love how you used the butterfly movers & shapers to create windows for the shaker element. Very clever!! Gorgeous colors and whole design is so pretty.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW... this is absolutely stunning and beautiful! LOVE your background, texture and that butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!