Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Shake it Up! Valentine's Shaker Card




Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Since my last post with Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge team, we've regrouped as a casual group of crafty friends called Paper Pros and are participating in a monthly, no-stress challenge. I'm so excited that the team is still together and happy to get to work with such a talented group of friends!

This month our challenge is Shake it Up. We all created cards with either a shaker or some other type of movement. I'm still on my addiction to shakers, so I used Karen's Hearts Pivot die to created a three panel card using some pretty papers from Prima. You might remember I used this fabulous technique from Summer Hills-Painter a couple years ago, but with the Butterfly Pivot. I love that it looks so complicated, but is really quite easy!
































I created the shaker portion by using the two smaller heart dies to cut two layers from fun foam. I adhered them, then covered the top with a clear piece of acetate cut from the larger heart die. The final layer was another frame, this time cut from pretty paper. I added dots of Platinum Stickles to decorate the edges. I filled the heart with pearl beads and sequins, then glued a backing on.

Here are links to the other Paper Pros.
Caz Counsell - Valentines treat boxes with wobbling critters
Fran Sabad - beach-themed shaker card
Karen Aicken - pop-up Valentine with shaker balloon
Sandy Diller - accordion Valentine with wobbling bear
Frances Byrne - pop-up Lorna label window shaker card
Donna Wright - http://oldredshed.blogspot.com
Summer - Hills Painter - http://1craftypainter.blogspot.com
Raquel Mason - http://raquelmason.blogspot.com
Helen Cryer - http://diningroomdrawers.blogspot.com
Kelly Booth - http://cruzinkellster.blogspot.com


Thanks so much for stopping by today! You can find the supplies I used at Elizabeth Craft Designs and Simon Says Stamp via the links below. The Heart Pivot die is on sale right now for just $12.95, so grab it while you can!






3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Shelly! Shakers are so much fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how beautiful and elegant, Shelly.
    Hope your Valentine's Day was wonderful and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool creation. I love anything that moves and shakes. If only I could get my body to do the same :) I have the die so thanks for the great inspiration for using it in yet another way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!