Tuesday, September 30, 2014

7 Spooky Halloween Decor Projects


If you've followed my blog for long, you know how much I love fall and Halloween decor projects! With Halloween just 31 days away, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite spooky creations from the past few years. Some you might be familiar with, and a few you might have missed.

Here are the links to each of the projects:
  1. Vintage Halloween Wands - this is an older project that is one of my all-time faves. I combined rubber stamps from Artistic Outpost with Tim Holtz's Rosettte die to create these fun vintage-look decorations.
  2. Spooky Halloween House - this project from last year might just use more dies than any other project, but the result is a really cool decor piece that you'll bring out year after year.
  3. Halloween Bell Jar - by combining Eileen Hull's Cupcake Stand die with a candle holder from the dollar store, you can create this spooky bell jar and fill it with anything you can dream up!
  4. Trick or Treat Lantern - a wood base from the craft store plus Tim Holtz's Frosted Film and this fun die from Sizzix combine to make a spooky little lantern that looks like it's made from metal.
  5. Glittery Halloween Houses - another one of my favorite projejcts, these little birdhouses from Eileen Hull sparkle with Ranger's Rock Candy glitter. Vintage spookiness!
  6. Boo Halloween Banner - layer a pennant die plus a few dies from Tim Holtz and you have a quick and easy Halloween banner that can be pinned up anywhere for a little haunted touch.
  7. Halloween Luminary - this die is popular for a reason - it is so versatile! Here, I've created a luminary that will add an eerie glow to your Halloween house.
I hope you've enjoyed this mini-roundup of some of my favorite Halloween projects - and I hope you're inspired to try a few! If you do, I'd also love for you to link back to me so I can see your work.

I have lots more to come this month, so be sure and subscribe and check back often!

4 comments:

  1. I think I have most of these pinned already lol. Cool Shelly! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Halloween too and I have loved seeing all these gorgeous creations again! Thanks so much for reminding us of these beautiful projects. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halloween is one of my favorite Holidays next to Christmas and it's so wonderful that you posted these inspiring creations. Love each and every one of them Shelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work Shelly! You are the most amazing artist!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!