Here's how it came together:
- I started with envelopes from Walmart that measured 4 3/4" x 6 1/2". I sealed them and then cut 1 3/4" off of one edge.
- Next, I mixed some Brushed Corduroy Distress ink with water and misted the envelopes. The new Distress Stain sprays would be perfect for this, but I don't have them yet. :(
- When the envelopes were dry I added a strip of Scor-tape to the top back of each envelope.
- I cut Ranger's #10 tags down to 5" so that they would fit into the envelopes. I added various trims to the top and decorated them with paper from My Mind's Eye.
- To create the album cover, I adhered more paper from MME to a piece of cream mat board and die cut it with Eileen's Mini Album die. I decorated the front with dies from Eileen and coordinating papers.
- For the spine of the book, I scored a 4 3/4" x 3" piece of black cardstock every 1/4" and then folded it accordion style.
- Next, I added Scor-tape to hold the envelopes in place and adhered the spine to the book. (If I did this again I would adhere the pages to the spine first - this was a learning experience!)
- Finally, I adhered the envelopes to the spine and then to each other.
I love that this little album can sit up on its own and be a decor piece, as well as an album. I hope you're inspired to make one of your own. It would make an adorable Christmas album as well!
All the supplies I used can be found at Sizzix and Inspiration Emporium via the links below. Remember, at IE you can use my coupon code - stamptramp - to save 10% on your order.