Since I don't have the new leaf die, I crossed my fingers that I'd be able to use my old Tattered Leaves die in the same way. I did have to use a smaller piece of cardboard, but since I covered the top and the bottom, it was no problem. When it came to embossing the leaf, I had the same issue (both the die and the coordinating Texture Fade have three leaves on them). To work around it, I embossed the leaf, cut it out and adhered it to a tag that was covered with the new idea-ology Tissue Wrap, then layered the cardboard over the top.
Speaking of which - when I saw that nice leaf-shaped depression in the cardboard, all I could think about was filling it with UTEE! After I adhered my cardboard and leaf cutout to the tag, I used a Versamark pen to ink the leaf. Then I added several layers of Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel to the depression, heating it each time. On the final layer, I added a bit of gold ep, to simulate the gold leafing Tim used.
I also had a little fun playing with my new Alphanumeric dies. So cool! I wanted to kind of mimic Tim's Alpha Parts piece, so I used the letters to spell out 'fall' on a piece of black Kraft Core'dinations. I used a scrap of plain kraft on the back side to highlight the letters. I'm working on a tutorial to show an easy way to line these little dies up easily. Stay tuned for that next week!
All the supplies I used can be found at Inspiration Emporium via the links below. Remember to use my coupon code - stamptramp - to save 10% on your order.
Thanks so much for stopping by today - have a fantastic week!