Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Art with Heart Challenge - Favorite Things

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing a project for the latest Eileen Hull Art with Heart Challenge. This month, our theme is Favorite Things. I was so happy for this theme because this is one of my all-time favorite things! It's a gratitude journal box that I created with Eileen's Train Case die - oh how I love this die!

The panels were cut from Eileen's Matboard, assembled, and then covered with paper by Teresa Collins. On top of the case I added some Prima flowers and a tag cut with Tim Holtz's Tiny Tabs and Tags die.

The concept of the gratitude journaling cards was that, each day/week/month, you would jot down things that you were grateful for. You could even add photos, clippings, etc. Just little snippets of life that you want to capture and remember. At the end of the year, you'd have a keepsake box that you could look back through and reflect on your memories.

The journaling cards were cut from cream cardstock to fit the box. The divider cards were cut from the same pad of Teresa Collins paper. I computer-generated the months and used the same Tiny Tabs die to cut the little window tabs. After decorating the inside of the box, just add the cards and you're set!

The dies and matboard I used can be found at Sizzix via the links below. Everything else can be found at Simon Says Stamp. Unfortunately, I can't find a source for the paper, but check your local Michaels store - they might still have some in stock.




Thanks so much for stopping by today - I hope you're inspired to make your own gratitude journal box. Eileen's Train Case die is so versatile, there are so many great ways to use it. Make sure you check out all the fantastic Favorite Things projects from the rest of the team, and read all about how you can join in the challenge fun HERE. I hope you can play along!

5 comments:

  1. What a great project, Shelly and such beautiful papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project Shelly and so did EVERYONE that saw it on the Paper Trail! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous Shelly! LOVE the inside and the function of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of this die. Love the idea of keeping bits of what is good and that we are grateful for. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love Eileen's travel trunk and the beautiful papers you used on it for your clever and useful gratitude box! Especially perfect for this time of year when we count our blessings! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!