Monday, November 7, 2016

Pop it Ups Thanksgiving Treat Pouch

Hi all! It's time again for Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge. For our first challenge of the month, the theme is 'Hats'. We could use any of Karen's hat dies, or make a hat out of a totally different die. I decided to use the bucket from the Palm Tree and Pail die set to make a pilgrim hat to embellish a little Thanksgiving treat pouch. So cute!

I took a few pics while I was making it to show you how it came together.

I started by cutting a piece of kraft cardstock to 4.25" x 11". I scored it at 5" and 6" to create a base for the pouch. I used Karen's wonderful Stripes/Plaid die to create a pattern on the front using Distress inks. Karen has a tutorial HERE showing how to create a plaid pattern. I couldn't believe how easy it was!

After my plaid was complete, I cut a window in the front using the third largest die in the Labels and Circles set. I used the same die, plus the next larger size to cut a frame for the opening. I also cut several pumpkins using the die from the Halloween charms set. I made the pilgrim hat by cutting the bucket from black kraft core'dinations and cutting off the handles. I used the buckle and trim from the Props 9 set to finish it.

After adhering the frame to the front, I attached the embellishments to the corner of the pouch using glue and pop dots. I also added some wheat cut using the die from the Props 6 set, and a flower and leaves cut from burlap using dies from the Flower Pot Pop Stand set. To finish it, I rounded the corners, added a bag of nuts, and tied it with some pretty ribbon.

I'm so excited with how this turned out! I absolutely love the look of the plaid background and can't wait to try it for Christmas too!

The supplies I used can be found at Elizabeth Craft Designs and Simon Says Stamp via the links below.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure and check out Karen's blog tomorrow for lots of great inspiration from the team and a new tutorial from Karen.

2 comments:

  1. Cute .... This will be useful for table gifts for the children. Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this treat bag and will give it a try today. Thanks so much for all the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!