Monday, November 21, 2016

Snow Globe Pop it Ups Card

Hi all! It's time again for Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge. For the second challenge of the month, our theme is 'Charmed, I'm Sure!' We could choose from any of Karen's charm die sets to use in our card. I have been dying to make a pop-up snow globe using Karen's dies and decided to use the tree from the new Holiday Charms set for my card.

In addition to using the tree charm on the snow globe portion, I also used it on the front, attaching it with one of Tim Holtz's cute little jingle bell brads. So adorable!

When I was trying to figure out how I'd create a snow globe, I came up with several options before deciding on this one. Can you guess what the base is? It's Karen's Barn Pop Stand set, altered slightly to create a base for the snow globe. So easy and fun! Follow along below to see how to create it.

Begin by die cutting the barn. Then, using the second largest die from the Twist Circle die set, cut out a section of the barn to create a base for the snow globe. To create the 'dam' for the shaker, nest the same die inside the largest circle from the set and cut 3-4 rings from thin chipboard. Glue them together in a stack.

Create a scene using stamps and the tree die from Karen's Outdoor Edges set. Glue stacked rings on top and add snow.

Adhere clear plastic window to rings and top with a frame cut from glitter paper. Cut the tree charm from green paper, and trim hanger from top. Sponge with white paint and adhere to front of snow globe. Adhere snow globe to base.

I embellished my window with snowflake rub ons and one of Tim Holtz's new stickers (do this before you glue everything together!). I also added some gold trim, a deer sticker from Elizabeth Craft Designs, a bit of jute twine, and a bow. The sentiment in the circle is from Karen's new Holiday Clear Stamps.

What's extra cool about this card is that it actually 'snows' as you open the card! I would love to say I planned that, but it was just a happy accident!

You can find the supplies I used at Elizabeth Craft Designs and Simon Says Stamp via the links below.




Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure and check out Karen's blog tomorrow for another great tutorial and lots of charming ideas from the whole team.

Have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. You are so very creative Shelly. Thanks so much for this tutorial. Just love it. You always show me how to use my dies in more creative ways. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, this is so so creative and utterly beautiful! I love the mini video and seeing the snow fall. Super ideas! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so beautiful! Absolutely love this! What a great idea and 'twist' on the globe card idea!
    Thanks so much for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh Shelly...You are a clever, crafty, CREATIVE...GIRL!!!!!!!XOXOXO....I absolutely LoVe your SNOW GLOBE!!!!Thank you soooo much for sharing how you made it...I sure hope I can find some time to try to make one toooo! Soooo PRETTY!!!!I am sooo happy I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. video please. I just can't figure out the construction. I love it and want to make one but just can't get there without your help. thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!