Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - Coffee and Cake

Hi everyone! It's time again for Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge! This month our theme is Coffee and Cake. We were challenged to create a card using either Karen's Cake Pop-Up card die or her Coffee Cup Pop-Up die set. I made this card for my son's birthday last month and I've been saving it up to share for this challenge!

I kept the front fairly simple, since bulky embellishments will prevent the card from sitting flat when it's opened. I used a stamp from Tim Holtz's Freshly Ground stamp set that perfectly coordinates with the die set. I stamped it on kraft cardstock and then on white. I cut the white cup out and adhered it with pop dots to give it dimension. Celebrate was cut from green cardstock using a die from Karen's Birthday greetings set.

How cute is this cup?! It has tabs in the back that hold a gift card, and the cup is also double-sided with an opening at the top so you could also tuck something in there, like a tea bag or instant coffee stick. I decorated the front with dies that are included in the set, and used Karen's Numbers die set to add his age to the center of the medallion.

I hope you enjoyed this masculine birthday card that also doubles as a gift! You can find the supplies I used at Karen Burniston and Simon Says Stamp via the links below.



Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure and check out Karen's blog tomorrow for a fun new video and lots of cake and coffee inspiration from the whole team.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!