Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - The Great Outdoors

Hi all! It's time once again for Karen Burniston's Designer Challenge. This month, the theme is The Great Outdoors. I decided to make a vintage camping-themed Father's Day card using Karen's new Tent Pop-Up die. Isn't it absolutely adorable??

The front is fairly simple, decorated with a frame that was cut with Karen's new Rectangles - Crosshatch die set. Dad was cut from plaid paper using the new Alphabet set. I added the sentiment using the Just a Note word set. The deer silhouette was cut from black kraft core'dinations. Finally, I used the new lantern charm from the Camping Charms set to add a bit of dimension.

When I was at my parent's house last year, I found a really cool picture of some of my father's relatives standing in front of a car. When I was thinking about how to decorate my card, I remembered this gent and was like - that's it! Isn't he just perfect? I love that hat!

 Here's the photo if you'd like to download it and use it in your own cardmaking/artwork!

What's so amazing about this card is that it folds completely flat for mailing. I'm excited that, this year, I don't have to mail my card to my dad - I get to hand deliver it!

You can find the supplies I used via the links below.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure and check out Karen's blog tomorrow for lots of great inspiration from the team, plus a fun new video tutorial from Karen!

4 comments:

  1. Just got my dies in the mail and can't wait to use them. Your idea of using a picture inside is wonderful - why didn't I combine pictures in cards before. Such a simple idea with a HUGE impact. Fun and easy. You are genius and I'm so glad to have this idea before Father's Day along with the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy--this is just WONDERFUL! Wow! Such a fun scene to gaze upon--adding that fellow is just IT! Wow!
    I now know that I will have to get the tent die eventually.
    The front if thencardmis also a good 'un, but I would always keep this card open!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such an awesome card Shelly. I thought you were going to say all the products you used were from Tim Holtz! I keep remembering the birthday cake pop up card, one day I'm going to have to buy that set! Have fun with your Poppers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun Father's Day card. I know your dad will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!