Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Karen Burniston + Darkroom Door Blog Hop!


Hi all! Today, the Karen Burnsiton Designer Challenge team has joined with the Darkroom Door Design Team for a fun blog hop, featuring Karen's dies and Rachel Greig's amazing rubber stamps!

Both Darkroom Door and Karen Burniston will be giving away a prize packs, with winners randomly chosen from ALL of the blog hop comments received by Sunday, July 29th, 2018. Lots of chances to win some goodies, so just leave a comment on this post or any other blog hop post to enter!

My first card features stamps from Darkroom Door's Gardening Vol 2 stamp set. Most of you probably know I love gardening so this stamp set really spoke to me! On the front of my card, I cut a panel from oatmeal cardstock using Karen's new Rectangles Crosshatch die set. I love that the largest of the rectangles fits an A2 card perfectly! To decorate the panel, I stamped the daisy repeatedly with Pumice Stone Distress ink. I stamped the flower pot three times, then colored each pot and cut it out. I used pop dots to attach them to the card. The sentiment is from Karen's new Word Set 6 die set.

Now for the really fun part - the pop-up! I used Karen's new Upsy Daisy set to really show off these cute stamps. The watering can and flower pot were both stamped on white cardstock with gray ink, and then colored with Distress inks. As the card is opened, the three panels raise up and out slightly. Such a cool die set and I love how well the stamps work with it.

Too cute! I love this paper from Carta Bella - it matches the stamps so perfectly. The fence was stamped on a neutral paper from the set and then cut out with an exacto knife.

It's a little overexposed, but I made a quick video of the card opening and closing, so you can see how the mechanism works. So fun!


For my second card, I used DD's Cup of Tea stamp set. I was really excited to use this set...you'll see why in the next pic. :-)

For the front of my card, I stamped the teacup image three times on designer paper, heat embossed with Ranger's Watering Can powder, and cut them out. I used pop dots to adhere them to a canvas panel that I stamped with the silverware image from the set. The teabag was stamped on white cardstock and inserted into the top cup with a length of paper string attached.

Here's why I was so excited to get this set - the mechanism on Karen's Spinner Square die actually makes the teapot pour!! I mean, come on. How cool is that?!? And it's such an awesome teapot stamp! Like the teacups, I stamped it onto coordinating paper and then heat embossed with Watering Can embossing powder. The panel in front was cut with dies from Karen's new Squares Crosshatch set. The teacup was stamped and embossed in the same was as the cups on the front. The little spoon (adorable!) was stamped and then heat embossed with silver powder.

To give more interest to the background, I stamped the teabag stamp repeatedly with coordinating ink. I'm so excited to give this to my mom for her birthday. She is a tea lover and I think she'll really get a kick out of the interactivity of it. I just love the motion in this card!

Speaking of which - another video that's a bit overexposed, but you have to see this one in action!



If you're visiting my site and haven't seen the whole list of blogs participating in the hop, please make sure you start with Rachel's and work your way through everyone. There are so many inspirational artists to visit - I can't wait to see what everyone has created!





You can find the dies and other supplies I used via the links below.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing!

89 comments:

  1. Cool cards - especially love the tea pot idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite card is the garden one, love the plant pot and how you have stacked them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tea set card....adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute :) ~ Love how you used the garden set by DD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Shelly’s creativeness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are always the best! I love this one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The teapot card is so cute and love the way you used the garden stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeeek! So cool! Love the pouring teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your cards Shelly the stamps your chose are so fun and you Rocked them!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is too perfect - seriously - the tea pouring! Love the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shelly, you always get me and my pocket book in trouble with your fabulous ideas!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are beautiful but I absolutely adore the teacup one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the tea card! Such a perfect use for the spinning mechanism. Fantastic job.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful, both of these!! The garden is fabulous and
    awesome job cutting out the fence. And yep, that's super
    cool that the teapot actually pours!! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. O my, I am thinking how perfectly you shaded the clay pot--and then the inside of the card made confetti and streamers go off in my brain! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are adorable...love those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't really choose...but I love the teacup and the pot the way it pours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely cards! The Upsy Daisy die is so versatile, and your teapot is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok, so my favorite is of course the tea card, so fun and great colors, but I love the grungy grden card a lot too, Shelly. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What awesome cards! Love the dies to create these interactive cards and all the fun stamps you used! Great combinations! the Gardening Vol 2 stamp set is a fave!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love both cards, but the one with the teapot is fantastic! Love how it works when you open it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Shelly! Oh that garden card is such a delight! Totally charming and beautifully designed. And your pouring tea pot melted my heart! Oh how I adore it and will have to invest in this fun die now!!! You did such an amazing job showcasing these two talented companies. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cards are all gorgeous, but those flower pots and flowers really caught my eye. They look so realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The pouring teapot is absolutely fabulous! Love it. And, the garden card is beautiful, too. Love both of these cards so much.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Square Spinner die set is one of my favourites, I think it's just adorable that you have the teapot pouring into the tea cup! Those stamps are amazing as well and I love your card designs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great cards Shelly - so glad you got to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my... simply amazing how the teapot pours the tea! Love it. Love anything "tea" themed. Both cards are just darling and love the pastel colors.

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow wow wow. The garden stamps using the upsy daisy dies has created a stunning card. Never thought of the tea pot and cup with the spinner card - that is inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh wow, those cards are so adorable ! As I love gardening, your beautiful pop up gardencard is my favorite, really stunning ! Enny

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are really such fun cards! I love how you incorporated your love of gardening on the first one, those stamps really did work perfectly! And how fun is that tea set one?! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Both of your designs are wonderful, such fun surprises on the interior! Love the tea one!

    ReplyDelete
  33. The teapot card is SO COOL. You must be so happy with how it turned out. Loving these interactive cards more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Two awesome cards! The patterned paper matches perfectly with the garden stamps. And that interactive teapot...such a clever idea, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love, love your cards. The second one is just so pretty. I really love the detail on the inside of the first card. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your garden card and the saying is so perfect. The second card is just a perfect general ard. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Fantastic creations! The twist pop card with Carta Bella paper is a show stopper! And the tea cup dies can be used for so many fun projects! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love me a teapot and garden fabulous work - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  39. I LOVE the pouring tea into a teacup- it's such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your designs are fantastic. Love the teapot pouring set, how lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love both cards and you always amaze me with your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  42. love your upsy daisy garden card...the background paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  43. The first card is fairly simple on the outside but what a surprise when it's opened! The cups and tea pot card is so much fun and that you made the pot to pour is beyond fun!
    Sandra Smith

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love that you went for tea instead of coffee!
    The quick little videos of the opening and closing of the cards was much appreciated!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love this soooo much! That teapot that pours when you open it is genious!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love these combinations! Thanks for sharing the videos!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful cards. Love the garden card paper

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love the tea set and how you used it!
    CB

    ReplyDelete
  49. your cleverness always makes me smile - thanks for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  50. You never cease to amaze me, your "pouring teapot" is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  51. These are amazing and that tea card is so fun. I love seeing interactive cards but can never seem to put them together myself!

    ReplyDelete
  52. De bien jolies cartes pop-up ! j'aime beaucoup celle avec la tasse à thé !

    ReplyDelete
  53. Fabulous cards! The teapot pouring is great! Interactive cards look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Such brilliant fun, I totally didn't expect such a detailed, fun inside to the first card, excellent ! Second card is greatly detailed & filled with colour, really liked these.x

    ReplyDelete
  55. Fabulous cards! The sentiment on your garden card is great and everything coordinates perfectly. I love the idea of the pouring teapot. Stamping on canvas on the front panel adds an interesting texture.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I looove the card as well as the garden stamps with the fence. The garden theme is one of my favorites. The dies are gorgeous and very useful.
    Thanks for sharing and the opportunity. Good luck to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Oh, what a wonderful idea with the tea stamp set. Dazzling. x

    ReplyDelete
  58. Such simple ideas with beautiful results. I especially love your use of the spinner square! Thanks for the inspiration and the walk-through.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love it, love how the teapot pours. The garden one was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  60. OH MY! love the tea cups, this is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Love the garden-themed card!

    ReplyDelete
  62. luv the garden theme and the way you accessorized the pop-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I love the garden scene you created! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Cute cards! The
    pop ups in both
    are so fun and
    love your papers
    used on the tea
    cups.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  65. Well, being a gardener, I was really impressed and in love with your first card. I love those boots! But now, that pouring teapot is such a clever, clever design feature on your second card. I think I am convinced now that I must have that die set!

    ReplyDelete
  66. These are great!!! I, too, love the tea pot..and your backgrounds...nicely done...

    ReplyDelete
  67. Such wonderful cards! I don't quite get how the middle panel stands up on the gardening card; I've only made an accordion card. So it is magical to me! The teapot is adorable as well!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I love what you've done with these gorgeous stamps and dies, Shelly, especially the tea cups and pot - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  69. I love gardens and tea, so your cards really wowed me! The pouring tea pot is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Wow, your cards are a gift in and of themselves. Beautiful designs and amazing details. Couldn't pick a favorite if I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Two really beautiful projects, very lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Fabulous cards. I love gardening and tea.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Beautiful cards. Love the stacking flower pots/cups effect.

    ReplyDelete
  74. I adore the pouring teapot spinner card! I would love to have seen the moment when you thought of it. I know I would have been jumping up and down with excitement when that inspiration hit. I'm so glad you included the video with it!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Love both your projects. Love the colours and choice of papers . The cup of tea one is so clever. My favourite for sure

    ReplyDelete
  76. wonderful cards! the stamps are awesome, you rocked both sets!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!