Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Technique Junkie - Another CD7 Sneak Peek!

Here is another sneak peek at one of the Bonus Techniques from the new Technique Junkie CD. This one is called Art Squared. I love how quick and easy it is!

After I made the background I knew I wanted to use some kind of masculine stamps - I was thinking automotive, but what stamps did I have? Hmmmm.....aha! Artistic Outpost's Route 66 collection has just the stamps I needed. I think this will make a fantastic card for a man's birthday.

Here's a little embossing tip you might want to try. There are times when I want the look of metallic embossing, but I don't care for the brightness of it. To tone it down, take a fine grit sandpaper or sanding block and lightly rub it over the embossed image. It takes it from 'in your face' shiny to a slightly more vintage look.

If you haven't checked out the Technique Junkie Treasure Hunt, make sure you read this post!

3 comments:

  1. just got my diamond plate this week..love what you did with it..you are so great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great embossed background. Looks like tires. The metallic coloring is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great guy card! And this looks like a really cool technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!