Friday, September 11, 2009

Technique Junkies - Faux Sanding & Simple Whitewash

I haven't been too busy in the studio lately - I have been trying to get caught up on so many different things it seems like I never have time left for fun! I did take some time earlier this week to play around with two techniques from the latest Technique Junkie newsletter.

The card above uses a technique called Faux Sanding. I absolutely love the texture you get from this tech. I added a background stamp from Oxford Impressions and the girl is a wonderful photo stamp from ARTchix Studio.

This card uses a technique called Simple Whitewash. It is true to its name - very simple! I love the Shabby Chic look that it brings to the background. The main image is from Artistic Outpost's new Generation Redux collection.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. great cards, the first is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look like they'd be simple....but every effective.
    You are the Queen of Techniques for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing shabby and definetly chix! I Love your creations, wish you lived closer so we could share a play day!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are completely wonderful! Beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly - these are awesome! Wish Artchix would carry their rubber again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. me likey a lot...gotta finish my piece from yesterday...loved hanging out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shelly these are truly lovely, i love the white faded parts and the textural effects
    fabulous
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!