Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Box

Hi all! I have a sweet new project to share with you today using the new Toolbox die from Eileen Hull's Vintage Travel collection. I decided to use Graphic 45's Botanical Tea paper to turn it into a pretty tea-themed gift box.

Before assembling my tool box, I first painted the inside and all the edges with blue paint. I adhered the papers as shown and added some paper roses and lace to give it even more of a feminine look.

I was so excited when I discovered the cards from the 12"x12" paper pad fit inside the box! I adhered various tea bags to the back and then wrote the name on the front. Very quick and easy and such a nice treat for the recipient. I finished my box by tying a small silver spoon on the handle with some crinkle ribbon.

I'm so happy with how this turned out! I think it would make a lovely Mother's Day gift, teacher's gift, or just a special treat for a friend who needs a little lift.

You still have time to take part in this month's Art with Heart Challenge. You can find all about it on Eileen's blog. I hope you'll join us!

You can find the supplies I used at Sizzix and Simon Says Stamp. The Toolbox die will be available in May, so make sure you check your local and online retailers!





10 comments:

  1. What a great way to take something traditionally masculine and spin it on its head and create a gorgeous feminine gift. The options are endless. Your vintage spoon is the perfect embellishment to your beautifully crafted gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love this, it's beautiful!! The vintage spoon is the perfect touch to top it off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Love how you used those papers. The spoon is the perfect finishing touch. Darling box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Shelly- it always amazes me how you can create so well in all styles! Love this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your post and had to pop by and take a look. What a beautiful gift.
    ♥ Monica
    My personal Blog - Taylormadecards4u

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is gorgeous. I pinned! https://www.pinterest.com/pin/415386765607815844/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. The Botanical Tea line is one of my favorites. And the spoon on top is such a fantastic idea. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful box
    All love
    I am your follower
    See you soon
    M. Carmen from Barcelona (Spain)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!