I tell you, once you start falling behind on these....it's a slippery slope! Part of the problem with this tag is that it was such a struggle for me, I kept putting it aside. Today I decided that I would get it finished because I really want to work on the current one!
I had lots of substitutions for this one. I did use Grungeboard for my flower, but covered it with vintage French text. Instead of Rock Candy Stickles (I really need to get some of that!) I used chunky glitter and Glossy Accents. I think it looks pretty good! The center is a vintage brass button. My typewriter key was created using pretty much the same technique as I used last year (the only difference is I used a clear disk on the top). The 'joy' tag was created using a metal punch and a piece of tarnished brass.
I don't have the wood grain embossing folder, so I substituted one from Cuttlebug. I think it has a pretty similar look. Again, I used Glossy Accents and chunky glitter in lieu of the Rock Candy. I'm really happy with the way my letters came out. I didn't think I could get a good match with the red of the poinsettia, so I decided to ink them with green instead. I don't know if it was my dirty fingers or what, but they ended up with the coolest speckled look. I enhanced it with some Walnut Distress ink and then applied a light coating of Glossy Accents.
Ok, onwards and upwards! I have some serious catching up to do!
Linked to Artyjen's T!m Splinter Group. Go check it out - LOTS of fantastic eye candy there!