Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Created Byhand Challenge - House ATC


This week's Created Byhand challenge is 'Houses'. They supplied two cute house templates and I chose this one. I had a scrap left over from my Arch background, so I used that as a starting point. I have been itching to use my new Snowy Woods Christmas stamps from Artistic Outpost and thought it would be fun to try a non-traditional color combination with them. Turquoise and white might not be the first colors you'd think of for Christmas, but I really love how it came out - nice and frosty looking. I outlined my house with Stickles, which gives it a nice sparkly look. I think I'm going to put a little ribbon hanger on the the back and make it into a Christmas ornament!

8 comments:

  1. great piece..blues have always been my mom's favorite color at christmas..so yes this color combo would be one of the first that i would think of..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous fabulous Santa House. Love that background and the blue is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the colors; the blue is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly it will make a wonderful ornament! It's beautiful and what great stamps you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Shelly this is a great house.
    Fantastic design. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautful Christmas ATC House! I love the color and your Santa stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!