Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Created Byhand Challenge - Walnut Ink Backgrounds

This week's Created Byhand challenge is Walnut Ink Backgrounds. I've recently rediscovered my Walnut Distress ink, so this was perfect for me. For my background I used the wrinkle-free distress technique. Using a clear plastic report cover, I smooshed my Distress ink onto it and then spritzed with water. I laid my watercolor paper over the ink and pulled it off. Dried w/heat gun and repeated until I liked the result. I stamped the bird (from the new bird sheet by I Brake for Stamps) on a scrap of vintage German paper and then stitched vintage bias tape and a piece of mica onto the card. The sentiment is from Time to Stamp/I Brake for Stamps.

13 comments:

  1. wonderful work of art! love the crow stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this piece. Love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful piece,
    wonderful background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT card, and I love that stamp! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to see you have been busy creating since sat..once again you have created another great piece

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely art! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelly, what a great technique. I haven't heard of doing this but since I have all the necessary ingredients, I think I'll try it today. Your piece is gorgeous. I love how you have the light against dark. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool technique and really awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shelly, this is a really wonderful card! I see you are following me on Twitter. I have no idea what that is or how it works, but I am following your blog from here. I hope you will follow mine too, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shelly, very nice. Isn't it fun to rediscover techniques and products we haven't used in a while..

    ReplyDelete
  11. The background in itself is super, but it's all the extra attention to detail that makes this a great card.
    Ros

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabu background! You have inspired me to pull out my walnut ink and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!