Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Created ByHand - Give Thanks


The theme for today's Created Byhand challenge is 'Thanks' and this month's challenge on the Ranger Yahoo group is 'Harvest'. I just bought this stamp at Archiver's ($1.99 spot) the other day and it ended up being perfect for both! First I sponged a wood circle with various Distress/Adirondack inks and then stamped the image using black soot Adirondack ink. I really love stamping on wood - it has so much texture and takes ink beautifully!

13 comments:

  1. Shelly, what a gorgeous background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm - stamping on wood - I have tons left from when I Tole painted... Great idea and beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is wonderful.
    Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love the colors you do..these really make me want to go out and take pictures of the trees if they ever get to changing..maybe the rain tomorrow will help and i will go leave peeping on Sun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I bought that same stamp from the hot spot (actually got it free with a coupon). Does this mean you and I have similar artistic sensibilities? The piece is lovely.

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhh, this is beautiful! Wonderful fall colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. I love the blending of your colors

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would make a great book cover! Then add pages of things you give thanks for. Love the colors. Shelly & Cyndi, I have that same stamp! Bought it years ago....or something so close you couldn't tell the difference! Ronnie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!