Monday, October 20, 2008

Gothic Arch Challenge - Paper Patchwork

The theme for this week's Gothic Arch Challenge is Paper Patchwork. This was one of those pieces I had to work and rework a lot! My first thought was to try the Misty Mawn technique from an article a friend sent me a couple months ago. I followed the instructions and it came out so BAD (I am instruction-challenged I think)!! Definitely not as cool as I'd imagined. So, out came the gesso, sandpaper, and a bunch of stamps! I think, in the end, it all came together and was a fun experiment - what more could I ask for? The background stamps are from the new grunge sheet by I Brake for Stamps. Very cool stamps! The Mona and quote are both from the Winged Whimsy plate from Time to Stamp/I Brake for Stamps.

22 comments:

  1. Wow, Shelly! That's terrific! I especially like that particular green and black look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow this is incredible.
    Awesome arch Shelly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly thank you for dropping by with your sweet comments.
    I love how you did your arch just so clever and colors i love so much!Gorgeous! You all are getting me to want more stamps.There so much you can do with them just love them.
    Hugs ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. great arch!!! love the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic arch, so much texture and depth and a whole lot of grunge going on, great, love the quote too

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a fantastic arch! everything on it is wonderful - and i love the saying!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Amazing artwork !
    I love the quote you've used too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous! You did great with gesso, sandpaper and stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, what a stunning arch, Shelly, the colours are amazing!
    JudyNZ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shelly - this is awesome!!! Love Mona with wings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the quote you have chosen and the way you have illustrated it so beautifully,

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Shelly, this turned out to be absolutely amazing! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shelly the end result is
    STUNNING...the colours are fabulous
    thanx for stopping by my blog.
    chriss x

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow,what a beautiful arch ! great background .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! You really did wonderful with this technique. This is a really special piece.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a cool arch !! Love the distress background !

    ReplyDelete
  17. your arch is gorgeous. the background is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fabulous - the effect of the pieced 'failures' is gorgeous, and such excellent stamping on top.
    Ros

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!