Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wednesday Stamper - Open Theme

This week's Wednesday Stamper is open theme, which works great for me. I have been doing a lot of stamping, but nothing that I can show you right now, which is a bummer! I finished up a few things today and decided I really wanted to make something I could show, so here it is. Junk art! I have had the idea for this knocking around in my head for awhile. The wood base is a piece of an old pallet that has been lying around for ages - I love the aged look of it. The rest is bits and pieces bought at estates sales or found. Literally. Like, on the ground. :-) Stamps (man and gasoline label stamped on wood) are both from the Family Man plate from Oxford Impressions. Unfortunately, I finished it late and didn't have time to photograph it - this is a scan and is passable for now I guess!

19 comments:

  1. beautiful piece of art! it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Wow...this is a fabulous piece...love what you have created here and your stamping on the wood is excellent. This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly this is totally stunning.
    I´m overwhelmed. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutetly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great piece! The stamped guy is just amazing, it really looks like a photograph, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GREAT ART ! Really fabulous !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic, Shelly. I can't ever get my stamped images to come out so clear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the whole idea of junk art, Shelly, and this is a fantastic piece demonstrating how all of those bits and bobs can be assembled to create something delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous piece!
    great image and colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you now what they say one man's junk is anothers man treasure..you sure make junk look good..great piece

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic. Has a Tim Holtz look to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so much beautiful & vintagefull !! It's such a lovely pallet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!